Monday, February 4, 2008

Tag I'm It.

So, Rob at The Spyglass, tagged me with this completely ridiculous meme that I am only participating in to be a good sport. However, the exercise has not been without merit as I have gleaned the title for my next blog post from Rob's post on this.

So here go the rules:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

I walked down the hall to the book shelves, put my hand on the first book on the midrange shelf which happens to be "The Complete Bartender".

Page 123 sentence 6-7-8 offers us the recipe for Brandy Milk Punch which looks rather ghastly to me. I'm more of a fruity martini girl.

1. Add a few ice cubes to a highball glass.
2. Add brandy, milk and generous pinch of sugar
3. Stir

Here's line 4 just in case you are really into this recipe.....and the ingredients are 2oz. brandy to 5oz. cold milk.

4. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon


PS. I'm not tagging.

7 comments:

Rob Harrison said...

Well, if I hadn't, Hap would have. :) Yeah, it's a weird one, but thanks for playing along.

(Oh, and I agree, that does sound ghastly.)

Ruth said...

I'm happy to oblige.....it gave me a filler for the day.

Rob Harrison said...

I'm glad to hear that; you were sounding seriously annoyed.

Ruth said...

Please forgive my dry sense of humor. I play up my serious accountant side but I do love to be included.

Rob Harrison said...

Oh, OK. I love a good dry wit, but it can be hard to hear through a computer screen . . . :)

Anonymous said...

It's so lovely to read a version of this meme that isn't from a deep philosophical or spiritual book! ;-) It made me smile. Thanks! Rachel.

Livingsword said...

Hi Ruth;

LOL LOL

That actually sounded pretty good!

Maybe I’ll make that for Chocolate Girl for Valentines! I’m sure she will be happy with your encouragement! LOL