Thursday, August 5, 2010

Just Do It!

Looking back over my past blog entries, over and over I talk about my desire for humility and selflessness. And yet, why do I find it so hard to put that into practice, especially with the most important relationship in my life?

Have you heard of the love dare from the movie "Fire Proof"? I'm considering it. In fact I just registered on-line but I need to get the book. Somehow, I think I'll only make it to day 3 and then give up because I'm not getting anything back. I'm so tit for tat.

What compels me to try is the sad realization that I have been thinking about these things for years but am hopelessly self centred when it comes to practice.

I need to just do it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was browsing through your posts when I read this "What compels me to try is the sad realization that I have been thinking about these things for years but am hopelessly self centred when it comes to practice." I thought.. that is EXACTLY where I am at as well, family, career and personally.
BTW... I followed a link to Rahab's kitchen, thinking it might be something like this http://mancookery.blogspot.com/2010/02/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana.html BUT IT WASN'T!! :-)
Then I found Mike in Oregon...and started reading his stuff.
About that time, the egg timer that keeps me focused, and away from shiney objects went... beep beep beep... and brought me back to YOUR post...where I can say ... I can relate.

Ruth said...

An egg timer...that's a good one. I know how blogging can lead you down rabbit trails and before you know it the day is gone.

Good luck on your love dare...it's good to see it from a man's perspective. I'll be checking in.