Thursday, July 8, 2010

Coming Up For Air

Yes I've been AWOL for quite a while. So what's up? Well life just took over I guess and then it was hard to get that blogging momentum stirred up again. Stuff has been percolating in me.....just nothing concrete.

But I miss blogging! I miss all you guys. Still been around the sphere......I'm sure you've seen me here and there.

So I thought I'd try the babbling thing. Be off the cuff. I'm not much of a babbler.....I like to have it all analyzed, double checked, packaged and pristine before I press the publish button you know. So this is a new thing for me.

Wow - I kind of like this....it just flows.....so much less pressure......

Quick update for now:

Ended 2009 on a lovely Sayulita vacation with the extended family. An absolutely wonderful place if you like the hodgy podgy kind of Mexico and can handle the roosters crowing in the wee hours of the morning along with the random dogs, ducks and children outside your door. There are many lovely and luxurious places to stay scattered through the town, great food of all kinds and everything is walking distance.

Started 2010 with some minor knee cartilage surgery that left me on crutches for SIX WHOLE WEEKS!!! If you are a mom with a job and a home to run you can totally understand how this amounted to a death sentence for me. It certainly brought out the worst in me and I learned that I DO NOT handle adversity all that well.

In February, while still on crutches, our city hosted the Olympics. I was bummed because it was hard to participate but I still got out to a hockey game. The torch came right by our street. The whole city and neighbouring towns were in party mode and the atmosphere euphoric. A truly great experience!

So with summer vacation upon me, kids home from school, free of schedules and commitments, I can sit back and take a breather. As I take inventory of my inner space, something has shifted. Although I can point to a few changes in focus here and there, I just can't put my finger on it. Thus the babbling. I figure if I just write it might come out with some kind of structure rather than left all fragmented and formless inside.

Enough for now.

I'll be back.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hey Ruth, sounds just about like my life. Well, not in content, but in activity! It's so funny how we can be absent from our blogs for so long, and yet here they are!

Glad to see you!

Ruth said...

Hi Erin - thanks for stopping in...glad somebody's still around.

Happy said...

I'm still here, too! :) Not writing much either, initially for lack of time, and now mostly for lack of momentum. But still reading when I can - and looking forward to hearing more. Crazy how hard it is to articulate things sometimes, isn't it?

Ruth said...

HI Happy! So good to see you. Stay tuned - it'll be coming. Got the kids off to camp this week.